Every seasonal change is a good time to clean out the trash our bodies have accumulated over the previous few months. So our Fresh Start Program is just the thing to get you back on the road to a healthier you.
This is especially timely since recently released data shows the US ranks 42 in life expectancy in the world. That’s right, 41 other countries have an average life expectancy longer than the richest country in the world. Even with all of our drugs and technology, countries like Andorra, Macau and Singapore are still ahead of the U.S.! If you like irony, we are only a few spots ahead of Iraq. Even Mexico is nipping at our heels.
The cause you ask?
1. The US has the resources and the luxury of choosing poor lifestyles over healthy ones. 2/3 of our population is overweight or obese.
2. We have a higher percentage of infants dying before their first birthdays than other countries. Cuba and Taiwan have lower infant mortality rates than we do.
3. Black Americans have an average life expectancy of only 73.3 years, Whites, 77.9 years…and it’s dropping.
When the cells of your body get congested you have no pep, your appetite is poor, you do not sleep well, your complexion is bad, your eyes are dull, you suffer from aches and pains, you are nervous and irritable, you feel indifferent–everything seems wrong. Life is not as fulfilling as it once was; in fact, you really are ill.
The sensible and logical thing to do is to CLEAN OUT the body, not just the digestive tract, liver, and kidney, but all the CELLS. Purge the cells-get all this accumulated toxic material out. Follow these recommendations for 7 days and keep it in your arsenal to fight the winter blues! Get going and try the Fresh Start Program. Your body will thank you.
BREAKFAST FOR EACH OF THE SEVEN DAYS:
Fifteen minutes before you are ready to eat breakfast, squeeze the juice of a lemon in a medium glass of hot water and drink it.
- CARROT JUICE: 8 ounces. You can take more if you desire, but be sure that you take 8 oz. at least.
- BOILED EGGS: 2 hard-boiled eggs.
- FRESH FRUIT: One-half pound. You may eat more, but be sure to eat at least ½ pound. You can eat one kind of fruit or you may mix. (No bananas or avocados)
Between breakfast and lunch you should drink all the VEGETABLE JUICE you can hold. Also eat fresh, raw vegetables and fruit. The more of these that you take in, the more thorough will be the cleansing. Make up a lot of VEGETABLE BROTH (see recipe below). Drink lots of this broth. It is full of minerals.
LUNCH FOR EACH OF THE SEVEN DAYS
- VEGETABLE BROTH: Drink two cups during the meal.
- SALAD: Make a chopped salad of fresh raw vegetables. Use a dressing of extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar and salt. Mix well. Eat at least EIGHT TABLESPOONS, more if you desire. Use at least four, or more, of the vegetables listed below.
Artichokes, Asparagus, Beans, Beets, Broccoli, Brussel Sprouts, Cabbage, Carrots, Cauliflower, Cucumbers, Celery, Endive, Egg Plant, Fresh Corn, Fresh Green Peas, Green Peppers, Kale, Radiccio Lettuce, Okra, Onions, Parsley, Parsnips, Pumpkin, Radishes, Rutabagas, Spinach, Squash, Swiss Chard, Tomatoes, Turnips.
DESSERT: Fresh fruit.
Between lunch and dinner drink all the vegetable juices you desire. Eat all the fresh fruit and vegetables you want. Drink lots of broth.
DINNER FOR EACH OF THE SEVEN DAYS
- VEGETABLE BROTH: Drink 2 cups during the meal, more if you desire.
- COOKED VEGETABLES: Select 2 or 3 of the different kinds listed previously and grill them, or lightly steam them or sauté’ them with olive oil. Eat a generous helping of each. (NO POTATOES).
- BREAD: One medium slice WHOLE GRAIN BREAD with drizzled olive oil.
DESSERT: Fresh fruit.
If you feel hungry after dinner, eat fresh fruits and vegetables and drink vegetable juice or water-all you want!
RECIPE FOR VEGETABLE BROTH
Try to use organic as much as possible. Take 7 carrots and 1 small bunch of celery and cut fine. Place in 2 quarts hot water and boil for 15 minutes. Add 1/3 bunch of parsley and a large handful of fresh spinach, cut fine. Boil 10 minutes more. Drain off the juice or broth. If desired, flavor with a pinch of salt, herbs and/or garlic. Mix with one quart of organic vegetable juice of your choosing or V8 juice (low sodium).
The above recipe makes about one day’s supply. You can make more if you desire and place in refrigerator. It can be used hot or cold. The purpose of this broth is to FLUSH. Drink lots of it during the seven days. It is full of minerals from the vegetables.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THE PROGRAM
The first day you may feel slight discomfort by having changed your regular mode of eating, but do not allow this to disturb you, for it is natural. About the 3rd or 4th day the bowels and kidneys will begin to move freely. Much toxic material will be passed. There will be symptoms of headache, perhaps nausea, gas, and a few aches and pains but do not be alarmed. Nature is merely cleaning you out. These symptoms are quite natural and to be expected. About the 5th day you should start to feel a surge of energy. Continue on until the end of the 7th day. Continue to take your supplements as recommended.
If you start this program-STICK TO IT! Don’t try it one day then quit. Follow the instructions and reap a wonderful reward of health again.